Thank you for competing in the third annual NCSY Cholent Cook Off!
All submissions must be turned in by midnight on October 13th.
Here is a quick overview of the rules and guidelines for the competition.
- Each contestant is allowed 3 lbs. of meat. You can choose from the options listed on the ingredient submission form.
- Recipe submissions are made here on this page using the form below.
- Once we receive all of the submissions, we will do all of the shopping and have everything ready for you when you come to cook. This includes knives, cutting boards and all utensils at the NCSY Office for you. Please do not bring anything with you.
- After you prepare your cholent on Thursday night, the crockpots will be sealed and put in the refrigerator overnight. On Friday, we will transport all of the crockpots to the MJCC between 2-3 PM and set them to simmer on low and be ready for the competition during Shabbat lunch. Make sure to add enough water to last through the night.
- New this year: In order to ensure a fair competition, we will be doing a blind voting system, so there is no need to submit a name for your dish.
*Please contact Aviva with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will find a simple form to submit your ingredients.