Did you ever feel like your teenage daughter has something to tell you but is holding back? Have you tried sending positive messages of love but she doesn’t seem to be receiving them? Have you ever felt your daughter is making a bad decision and won’t listen to a voice of reason? Does your daughter feel understood, that you are on her side, or does she sometimes seem frustrated and upset? Well don’t worry – you are not alone and we are here to help.
Based on personal interviews of over 50 Jewish girls in grades 6-12, Meira Spivak has put together a presentation that is a MUST for all parents with teenage daughters.
The course will cover the following 6 topics:
- Do you want me to JUST BE A COPY OF YOU? (goals of parenting)
- I need more from you than I do from my friends (setting up healthy and loving boundaries)
- Um…can we talk for a few minutes? (love and relationships)
- You’re embarrassing me! (putting your teen’s needs first)
- I know you don’t like my friends…. but I do! (outside influences)
- Ugh…stop telling me what to do (need for privacy, decision making, setting up boundaries
The presentation will be broken up into 3 classes to create opportunity for discussion and personal implementation strategies. The classes will be held on Wednesday evenings at the NCSY office (6688 SW Capitol Hwy.) from 7:30 – 9:00 pm, and are FREE of charge!
Class dates: Nov. 1, 8 and 15.
Participants who complete all 3 classes will receive a $36 stipend to do something special with their teenage daughter(s).
Please complete the registration below.